Job Specifications:The focus of this role is to improve refractories efficiency and achieve turnaround targets by monitoring refractory utilization, conducting trials with different refractories, daily planning of vessel relining, supervising refractory installations and related activities.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for: Installing refractory linings in various units (EAF, CLU, Ladle and Tundish) and monitoring utilisation thereof.
- Conducting inspections to determine the life expectancy of various units.
- Ensuring the availability of refractories and communicating with various stakeholders (Production/Maintenance teams).
- Conducting trials and evaluating different refractory materials to determine their feasibility.
- Ensuring proper utilisation of quality systems and processes related to refractories
- National Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering supported by 5 years’ experience in Refractories.
- Sound knowledge of Refractory materials/products, safety procedures, quality and environmental standards.
- Computer literacy (Excel).
- Analytical, problem solving, planning, organising and communication skills.
- Attention to detail, stress tolerance, decisive and cope well under pressure.
- The nature of the post necessitates physical fitness to cope in an environment with extreme heat, dust and heights.
Please note that, if your skills and experience do not match the requirements of this job, we will place your CV on our database and contact you as soon as a suitable position becomes available. It is not necessary for you to apply for more than one position as your CV will automatically be loaded onto our database where it will be available to all our consultants for future opportunities.
Bazil Mdaka Recruitment Manager| Executive Search Lead - Africa, Europe & Middle East Region