Client requires the services of a Business Intelligence Developer in our Technology Department. The Business Intelligence Developer will be responsible to develop and maintain data warehouse, ETL solutions and Reports that are relevant to the organization.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Participate in business requirements analysis and documentation thereof.
- Develop extract, transform and load (ETL) processes that load data with minimal impact on production database servers
- Store extracted data in efficient and required formats – Dimensional models (using dimensions and facts) according to the Kimball methodology
- Develop logical data marts, cubes, reports and related data warehouse entities
- Be eager to exercise new approaches and learn new technologies
- Perform tasks according to requirements from internal and external parties
- Escalate tasks where tasks deviate from project plan Attend to tickets and maintenance requests in a timely manner
- Regular maintenance of existing systems, with particular focus on ETL, business intelligence tools,
- Data Warehouse systems and dashboards
- Assist with operational systems support
- Attend meetings with business
- Respond promptly and professionally to requests for reports and data requests Maintain and develop standard operating procedures and standards
- Implementation and utilization of business intelligence tools
- Preparation of required documentation: user training material; CCB documentation; requirements, SOP’s
Qualifications, experience and competencies required:
- BCom Informatics/Information Systems Degree and relevant work experience required.
- Certification within the BI discipline is advantageous: such as Microsoft (BI tool stack) and/or Qlik and/or Data Warehousing BI & Project methodologies: Advanced Data warehousing Techniques & Modelling (Kimball)) is advantageous
- +- 2 - 5 Years Business experience including 2-5 years of data warehouse design (architecture)
- 2-5 years of SQL application programming
- 2-5 years of Development in SSRS/SSIS and Qlikview Experience with business process automation tools would be advantageous
- Highly skilled and fluent in: Microsoft Business Intelligence Tools (SSIS/SSRS specifically) QlikView/Qliksense ETL tools (Sagent Software, SQL, SSIS) Databases (MS SQL Server, Oracle, Very Large Database (VLDB) environments) Hardware/ Operating Systems (Windows Server)
Please note that, if your skills and experience do not match the requirements of this job, we will place your CV on our database and contact you as soon as a suitable position becomes available. It is not necessary for you to apply for more than one position as your CV will automatically be loaded onto our database where it will be available to all our consultants for future opportunities.
Bazil Mdaka Recruitment Manager| Executive Search Lead - Africa, Europe & Middle East Region