National responsibility for the provision of an effective claims service whether provided by outsourced partners or directly by insurers:
Overseeing or Project Managing Large or Complex Claims in excess of R1 000 000 Project Managing complex claims across the country in excess of R10 000 000 or involving Material Damage and Business Interruption to ensure client is indemnified as quickly as possible Overseeing all Legal Liability Claims
Reporting Line: Reports Directly to the CEO
- 5 to 7 years Short Term Insurance of which 3 to 5 years in a Complex Claims Management Capacity
- Served either at attorneys specialising in Insurance Law, an Insurance Company or a large broker
- Ensure the business and outsource business partners (as applicable) are staffed and structured to be able to deliver a quality claims service.
- Define the claims strategy that can be cascaded down for successful implementation across the claims function.
- Align Branch Office procedures with Head Office procedures - Conduct claims audits at branches to comply with claims rules and procedures.
- Ensure the claims service is of a high standard and 95% within the SLA’s agreed with the organisation
- Evaluate and investigate all claims received in order to prevent and mitigate possible leakage to the company in the management and fulfilment of claims.
- Oversee the management of efficient and effective administration of claims
- Co-ordinate complaints resolution and compliance Portfolio Management
- Ensure our information is accurate and decision making is sound.
- Ensure Insurance portfolios under management are run efficiently and within the Insurer’s desired profitability
- Risk Management & Corporate Governance
- Ensure all operational risks of the business are managed and monitored on an ongoing basis and in particular the risk of fraud or collusion with suppliers
- Stakeholder Relationship Management: Ensure regular stakeholder meetings take place between Insurers, Brolink (or any other Service Provider) - Maintain a high level of service to all stakeholders identified (internal and external) according to the service standards set.
Please note that, if your skills and experience do not match the requirements of this job, we will place your CV on our database and contact you as soon as a suitable position becomes available. It is not necessary for you to apply for more than one position as your CV will automatically be loaded onto our database where it will be available to all our consultants for future opportunities.
Bazil Mdaka Recruitment Manager| Executive Search Lead - Africa, Europe & Middle East Region