Our client in the engineering space is looking for a Head of Site Operations to serve as the top executive of the manufacturing Site and be responsible for strategy, budgets, people, financial outcomes and scorecard metrics. This person will responsible for general management of all phases of plant Operations including: Planning, Manufacturing, Maintenance and Product Warehousing.
- Provide leadership for the successful day-to-day Operations.
- Ensure the creation and implementation of a strategy designed to grow the business.
- Coordinate the development of key performance goals for functions and direct reports.
- Provide direct management of key functional managers and executives in the business unit.
- Ensure overall delivery and quality of the unit's offerings to customers.
- Oversee key hiring and talent development programs.
- Evaluate and decide upon key investments in equipment, infrastructure and talent.
- Communicate strategy and results to the unit's employees.
- Report key results to corporate officers.
- Engage with corporate officers in broader organizational strategic planning.
- Supporting the development of a healthy internal culture of performance that retains key employees and encourages their professional development.
- Professional and well groomed
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
- Good communicator (verbal/non-verbal) with strong presentation and negotiations skills
- Effective decision maker
- Good problem solving skills
- Conflict handling and resolution skills
- Driven, confident , self motivated and results orientated
- Team player with good people management skills
- Mature with ability to tolerate stress
- Displays initiative with good levels of entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong leadership skills
- Organizational and planning ability
- Project Management
- Mentoring and coaching skill
- Computer Literate and able to operate the Microsoft suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Strictly a Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering.
- A Diploma/Degree in Business Management would be an advantage.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in high-volume manufacturing (preferably in the automotive industry), with 5 years of General Manager’s experience.
Please note that, if your skills and experience do not match the requirements of this job, we will place your CV on our database and contact you as soon as a suitable position becomes available. It is not necessary for you to apply for more than one position as your CV will automatically be loaded onto our database where it will be available to all our consultants for future opportunities.
Bazil Mdaka Recruitment Manager| Executive Search Lead - Africa, Europe & Middle East Region