Our client in a manufacturing space is looking for an outstanding Automation and Control Engineer to join their team to be responsible for continuous process improvements and monitoring as well as data mining, process modelling, process control, identifying areas for improvement and ensuring hardware and/or software control systems are implemented to identify and rectify process deviations
- Responsibilities include product quality and yield, production efficiency as well as availability improvements, creating and monitoring plant/process performance indicators, actively investigating and correcting process deviations and facilitating improvement projects relating to product dimensional control systems, Level 1, Level 2, Expert System and mechanical systems.
- Also develop and implement the necessary control systems and logic (hardware and software) to sustain performance in a highly automated plant, optimise control parameters to keep plant at optimal performance, extract and analyse data from information systems and frequently perform standby duties on manufacturing process.
- BEng degree (or equivalent) in the fields of Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Metallurgy.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in a manufacturing plant environment is essential, with more years being advantageous.
- Further requirements include experience in designing and implementing a wide range of plant process automation and control systems, working experience in programing (languages C/C++, Visual Basic, Ladder Logic and Labview preferred), data analysis, general process control and optimisation, structured problem-solving and Root Cause Failure Analysis.
- Attention to detail is important as well as good interpersonal communication and presentation skills - with the ability to give training and function as coordinator of multidisciplinary teams.
- Knowledge of hot rolling and furnace technologies and relevant process models and theory will be an advantage.
- You must be willing to work in a factory wearing overalls and getting dirty if need be, to do what is required.
Please note that, if your skills and experience do not match the requirements of this job, we will place your CV on our database and contact you as soon as a suitable position becomes available. It is not necessary for you to apply for more than one position as your CV will automatically be loaded onto our database where it will be available to all our consultants for future opportunities.
Bazil Mdaka Recruitment Manager| Executive Search Lead - Africa, Europe & Middle East Region